California Middle Class Tax Refund (MCTR) Payments: What You Need to Know

California Middle Class Tax Refund - Rush Tax Resolution

The California Middle Class Tax Refund is a tax refund issued by the California Franchise Tax Board for taxpayers who sent in a 2020 tax return to provide financial relief during unprecedented inflation. An estimated 32 million Californian taxpayers have already benefited from the MCTR. Here’s what our team at Rush Tax Resolution recommends you …

Continue reading

No More Personal Exemptions? Claim These 6 Tax Credits 

Young family man and woman checking household budget expenses to see if they qualify for personal exemptions - Rush Tax Resolution

Taxes can hit families pretty hard. It can be tough enough as it is to save up for the ongoing expenses of running a household, raising children, and managing the growing costs of childcare, education, medical treatment, and insurance for a multi-head household without the toll of high state and federal taxes. Thankfully, families with …

Continue reading

California Earned Income Tax Credit: Benefits

Book that contains the benefits of the California Earned Income Tax Credit - Rush Tax Resolution

Let’s face it – most taxpayers don’t want to have to file their taxes. It’s cumbersome and difficult, and depending on your financial situation, number of sources of income, and number of dependents, it can be enormously complicated.   But failing to file a tax return might not only lead to hefty penalties but will also …

Continue reading

Understanding CSED and Using It to Your Advantage

How to Use the CSED to Your Advantage - Rush Tax Resolution

Your filing status, income, choice of deduction, and any eligible exemptions, tax credits, and applicable refunds usually determine your tax liability. But with so many variables, there’s always the possibility that mistakes are made and additional taxes are owed. That, amongst other reasons, necessitated the calculated collection state expiration date (CSED). Whether it was a …

Continue reading

Skip to content